10/28/08

Ilona Keil-Beruchashvili










I wish I had
Your true land (on exibition in Zumikon)
from Series „Clouds“
It’s never too late (cartridge 50.BMG)
Meer & Rain
Black water (Fragment)

Ilona Keil-Beruchashvili was born in Tbilisi 1979. She studied at the art collage of J. Nikoladze. In 1999 she moved to Bavaria, Germany, Ilona finished her MA at the Art Academy in Nuremberg, under Professor Diet Sayler and Eva von Platen. She currently works as an assistant to Professor Eva von Platen at the same academy.

Ilonas art work was presented at Kunstverein Hochfranken Selb e.V. Selb, Germany; University of the fine art of Budapest, Hungary; Karavansarai, Tbilisi and more.

A few days ago I asked Ilona to write a few words about her work, here is what she wrote me: What can I say about my works? Not much.
I started with classical painting and drawing. I worked for a long time with landscape, clouds and water, but my last works are a lot more in the realm of conceptual art. At the moment I'm interested in words - their position and power of within art.

No comments: