6/10/09

"STOP WAITING GEORGIA"


“Stop waiting Georgia” the exhibition organized by Nino Gujabidze and Alexandra Matsatso Gabunia.

June 12, 2009 , 6:00 pm till June 19, 2009 Carvasla Georgian National Museum Ioseb Grishashvili Tbilisi Historical Museum

In August 2008, the aggressive actions of the Russian military forces caused the Georgian society to go into a state of stress and depression. At the same time, nihilism is still a strong phenomenon in the society of Georgia.

Actual Art is an exhibition aimed at transforming vital images from the Georgian reality through artistic-aesthetic concepts. We hope to cause a strong social impact - we emphasize the notion of actuality, which obtains a new artistic sense: any action of an artist is directed at getting the Georgian society involved in the country's process of rehabilitation following the war.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great post. I just had one of the ‘Doh!’ moments and ran back to correct my own site before publishing my comment. You see my own comment form did not match what I’m about to advice. I get less comment than you, so never noticed any problem. I’ve changed it now anyway so here goes.


study abroadnjois